[Updated!] Magical Songs

08:50:00

[Previously this was posted on March 5th, 2013. 
There is an update! Scroll down to read it]

Lately, there are many singing competitions broadcast in the television. By the participants' song, I should agree to Ahmad Dhani that it could broaden the knowledge of Indonesian people to the taste of music. His choice for Dalagita in X Factor Indonesia, as the example, could show the legendary soundtrack from the film "Sound of Music".

In this post, I want to enlist 3 magical songs based on my opinion. They are quite new, well, at least published last year. All of them have the same feeling when I listened at the first time. It's not only the music or lyric, but how the message landed directly to the heart and made me understand about what it means. 

Okay, let's start! The beginning will be Zee Avi's. I've already caught her in my mind since "Kantoi", while at the same time I prefer Yuna's "Decorate" because of its meaning. But then, I'm captured on "Concrete Wall". The notes, lyrics, video concept, the way she sings, all of it astonished me. She could show how the person (in the song) hurt her, how it affects her, she's already fed enough, try to keep calm and having her own world whose nobody could shook off.

"Say that I need therapy,
well my darling, so do you.
Don't need for you to tell me, what is wrong in all I say or do.."


The second song is "All Your Gold" from Bat for Lashes. Helen showed me this for the first time while we are comparing each music preference. My expectation was high, because she is an artist. I thought, if I can't understand her choice then it's okay. I just thought that I'm not artsy enough to understand. Haha. Well, I'm not joking when I'm saying this. Because one day, when I worked with Helen, a sound of door creaking just repeated all the time, combined with the same particular sound as you watched Sadako from the Ring movie comes out of the television. You know what I mean, right? I directly try to find out what's happening, while felt creepy at the same time. Then, Helen just calmly said, "It's a music Vinka, some artists from China made that". I stayed blank for several seconds, and simply think: I'm not artsy enough to understand that kind of music.

Back to Bat for Lashes, surprisingly, I fell in love at the first play. Her move, the video, lyrics, all of them stirred well and brought me to a "magical" state of mind. I directly know how the hurt feeling, how she's in dilemma, and the hate and the love. I enjoy every second passed when I listened, because she delivered it perfectly.

"There was someone that I knew before,
A heart from the past, that I cannot forget.
I let him take all my gold, and hurt me so bad.
And now for you, I have nothing left.."


The last song, perhaps the most popular than  the others from this list. It's "Stay" by Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko. Yeah, I always love to sing Rihanna's songs, but there's not much of them who I really adore the meaning as this. When I watched the video for the first time, I dropped my tears. Just by watching, I felt the choked breath when she hold her anger, sadness, how she try not put down herself, the willing of keep the dignity as the girl who doesn't beg a love. Have you been on that place? I have.

"Oohh, the reason I hold on..
Oohh, cause I need this hole gone.
Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving.
Cause when you never see the light it's hard to know which one of us is caving..."

That's the list. Try to listen & feel more. 
Let yourself moved away for several minutes. It's good.
=)

----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------

Update!

Weeks ago I just watched a video clip and I can't rid it outta my head since it's so magical. I thought it's really suit in this list too. The music video comes from Joel Compass, titled "Back to Me". Me & Rendy watched it in local Surabaya tv station, which I never expected to play a non-mainstream & this meaningful video. Just try to spare your time to watch and start to feel your own goosebumps! =D

You Might Also Like

0 comments